Tuesday 3 February 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #14 : Top Ten Fantasy Books I Really Need to Read

Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday. This meme is created and hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Every week there is a new top ten list for bloggers to take part in and enjoy!


1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling


This is one of my 2015 goals. I can't believe I haven't read the Harry Potter series yet! I really, really need to get around to doing that soon!


2. The Seven Realms by Cinda Williams Chima


This is one of those series that you know will be epic and adventurous. I 'discovered' these books around mid-2014 and have been dying to read them since then. Look at these gorgeous covers!

3. Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes


This is a new fantasy series that everyone seems to be talking about. There are three books currently out and, I think, there will be six in total? Not sure. But, they say it's like Game of Thrones for teens so I'm intrigued!

4. The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater


I have heard nothing but amazing things for The Raven Cycle and Maggie Stiefvater's writing and the high ratings on Goodreads are making them all the more desirable for me!

5. The Fire and Thornes trilogy by Rae Carson


I want to read this trilogy so badly! The premise sounds amazing and I have had so many people recommend it to me!

6. The Daughter of Smoke and Bone trilogy by Laini Taylor


This is one of those extremely popular and loved series that I can't believe I haven't read yet. The first two books in the series are currently sitting on my selves waiting for me to read them.... I will! I promise!

7. Snow like Ashes by Sarah Raasch


If there was a fantasy book I couldn't stop hearing about during the last months of 2014 it was Snow Like Ashes. I am really excited for this book! And look at that gorgeous cover!

8. The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski


Beautiful cover and very intriguing premise... Need to get around to reading it soon!


9. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder



I have heard nothing but amazing things about this trilogy and since I started reading YA I have had countless people recommend it to me! 

10. The Young Elites by Marie Lu


I haven't read anything by Marie Lu but The Young Elites seems like an amazing book to start with!


Have you read/ planning to read any of these books? Which books you need to read ASAP?

6 comments:

  1. All I have to say to you is: READ HARRY POTTER! I guarantee you will enjoy the books! I feel like HP is one of those series that can appeal to anyone of any age at any time- the writing is absolutely magical. Aside, you're not alone with The Young Elites or Snow Like Ashes, I haven't read them either. I finished The Winner's Curse yesterday and still need to write a review, but I would definitely recommend it to you! Nice post, Anastasia:D

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I know! I really need to read the Harry Potter series soon! I keep hearing fantastic things about it and I know I'm going to love it! I will try picking up The Winner's Curse too as soon as I can read some of the books on my current TBR pile!

      Delete
  2. I just finished The Winner's Curse and Poison Study. I enjoyed them both.
    And you NEED to read Harry Potter.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will, I promise! Probably soon too. I just need to collect the books and we're good to go! The Winner's Curse and Poison study are very intriguing too! Been seeing them everywhere lately!

      Delete
  3. I absolutely need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Raven Cycle. Like, without a doubt, has to happen. I really enjoyed Snow Like Ashes and The Winner's Curse, and The Young Elites was good, but not quite as good as I'd hoped (though the ending kind of made up for it- I WILL read the next book!)

    I (preparing for stuff to be thrown at me!) didn't like Harry Potter. I read the first one, and really just could not get into it. But, I am the only person on the planet who feels that way, so you should be good! Hope you get to read these all very soon!

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to read Daughter of Smoke and Bone and The Raven Boys really soon! I literally can't stop hearing about those books! Everywhere I turn I find someone who raves about how much they loved them!

      I'll probably be reading Harry Potter during summer when I'll have more time on my hands... I'm so nervous! Don't worry I know some people that also didn't like it but I just really want to read it and see for myself! I guess we'll see :)

      Delete